View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 08:56 AM
Macybaby

It's funny in that I've sent several boxes of masks to GA (Janice's state) for DS and DD, and MN (Terri's state) for other family. My DD told me she gave one to her mail carrier - so they are getting around. I'd love that it turns out they aren't needed, but it's not looking like that will be the case.

I figure what I've done so far is about the equivalent of two king size quilts. I've almost used up all the flannel I had on hand (glad to see it go after 16 years of sitting around) but could make masks the rest of my life and not run out of quilting cotton!

I'm just hoping I'm not picking up bad habits. No worry about an accurate "scant 1/4" seam, just put the fabric under the foot and pedal down!

I was feeling a bit down about making masks this AM, and then I got emails from two people that recently received them thanking me and saying how nice they are - so that really helps to get the motivation to keep on doing it. Over half of what I've made had been given to my employer and handed out to co-workers.