View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 08:38 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

I have not kept up here as I should... not being able to post pictures is discouraging and my camera is not cooperating.

Heartfelt condolences to those of you who have had loved ones die or be sick from this virus. Cherry, sorry for your losses.

I have tried to make a dent in my ‘to be quilted’ pile. I cut backings and batting for about 6 at a time and just peeled the top set off the pile when ready to quilt. Danger!! I accidentally picked up an extra top in that pile, as they tend to stick together, especially when using cotton batting. Yesterday I finished one with a fairly dense, all over paisley design. I did puzzle over why it seemed a little “stiff”... When I got it done and was trimming the edges, I discovered I had an extra topsandwiched in this quilt! To my horror, it was a really pretty one... pink scrappy tumblers with a few horizontal lime green bands. And now it’s lost...forever hidden in another quilt. I am 😭 about what I have done. Will only sandwich one quilt at a time, from now on.