Old 05-15-2020, 05:37 PM
mjpEncinitas

My first singer machine was purchased 40 years ago and I taught myself how to use it. It had cams for special stitches. I had sewn growing up.

My second machine was a used brother 1500. I was at a workshop, the lady sitting next to me had the the juki version of the machine and we learned together.

I bought my Janome 6600 at a dealer and got 4 hours of private lessons. it was helpful. It was a more complicated machine then I’d had before. But I could’ve learned it all on my own. It would’ve taken a lot more time.

I took a class at road to California with the sweet 16 set down longarm. We had the instructor and a machine tech in the class to help us. After I Bought a used one, the lady I bought it from gave me the wrong needles to use with it. Caused a year of frustration but I brought it in for repair and they told me I had the wrong needle.

it’s not rocket science. You can learn the machine on your own if you have more time than money and are dated. If you do have money a good dealer can save you time and frustration.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 05-15-2020 at 05:47 PM.