Old 05-15-2020, 06:16 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by sherylfmitchell View Post
Does anyone know what the difference is in the Warranties ? I bought mine Epic, from a Dealer. We moved and had to have my machine repaired already, not even a year old. I had to take it to a Jo Ann's, Dealer, due to there are no Dealers around. The bill came to almost $800.00, due to some bad boards, which should be under warranty. They don't want to honor the warranty, because I didn't buy it at Jo Ann's. The warranty is addressed to the same company, weather it came from Jo Ann's or from a Dealer. Does anybody have a understanding why ?
Sewing machine warranties aren't like car warranties, and sewing machine dealers aren't like car dealers. Unfortunately, the manufacturers have not adopted the car dealer model, and do not appear to reimburse dealers in full for warranty repairs. So in the sale of a machine, the dealer accepts part of the warranty risk. Thus they will provide warranty service on a machine sold there as good customer service, but they actually lose money on "warranty" service. There is no incentive to provide, nor full reimbursement from the manufacturer for, warranty service on a machine not purchased by that dealership. The only incentive is that you might trade in or purchase another machine from that dealer.

FYI not exactly the same, but the RV industry is similar. Most dealers will not do warranty service on a unit not purchased from that dealership.