View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 07:22 PM
sealh_pat

Default some updates!

Thanks for your recommendations, ladies! You're very helpful.

Unfortunately I've been so busy recently - sorry for the late reply. Last week was crazy.

That's pretty upsetting to know that so many quilters had problems with Rowenta. I've always thought that Rowenta is a standard for a steam irons, but some of my friends told me that their irons went off quickly. It doesn't seem to be a coincidence especially since you've mentioned different models.

Originally Posted by maminstl View Post
I have a Black & Decker Digital Advantage that I like - a model also popular with garment sewers. It does have an auto shut off, but heats back up very quickly. In the neighborhood of $50 on amazon.

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
for durability, you can't beat the good old Black & Decker Classic.

as long as you don't drop it on a concrete floor too often it should last for many years.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/2d8...d&odnBg=ffffff

i can't speak to their other models.

i just know the Classic i had before i went cordless took a lot of abuse and lasted enough years I can't remember how many.

(on some days all my fingers turn into thumbs. )

Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
I have a Black & Decker Classic. Great iron! It gets hot, has good steam, and has a little weight to it. I like this iron so well that this one is my third one over 30 years.

Decided to give Black + Decker a try! As for other models, girls, unfortunately I couldn't found those brands in our local store but I'll keep them in mind. Ordered Black + Decker Digital Advantage (as I found, it's main disadvantage that it's "on a heavier side" - good for me ), delivery is scheduled for Friday. Can't wait to try it - certainly, it's not the fanciest option around but still I'm happy. Probably should do more sewing shopping, it was a nice distraction for me.

Thanks again!