View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 04:35 PM
mimisharon

Oh, gosh, a memory thread. lol lol My first quilt was a baby crib quilt. I bought flannel, filler, and tied it with yarn. Then I branched out to piecing and quilting designs in the middle of the blocks. I always did the coloring book for my hand quilting patterns, drums, birds, dolls, cradles, balloons, etc. It was a 15 year or so past time. Then I helped to teach a crafts class for Bible School. One of the classes was for the adult class to design a quilt block for a comfort quilt. The 'comfort' was to be their own comforting things drawn on unbleached muslin. I embroidered those things, then put quilt blocks in it as sashes (didn't know that's what they were at the time) put other blocks to make it balance, put an old mattress pad in for a filler, and then put the backing on and tied it. Whew, I was hooked, from there it's history. I've been trying to learn new things and experiment with my own designs and layouts.

Sharon

PS Adults don't listen to instructions any better than 8 year olds. I asked them to do the desings in a vertical field. Four of them did the design in a horizontal. go figure! lol lol