Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 AM
JudeWill

I've been posting to this board for a while now. I apologize for not introducing myself first--I often do things backwards. :-) My grandmother taught me to sew when I was young. I started by pinning bits of fabric together to make outfits for my fashion doll ( no Barbie then) and have been in love with sewing ever since. I started making quilts when our first grandchild (we have ten) graduated from high school. Her mother said she wished someone would make her a blanket with her friends pictures on it. I don't really consider it a quilt--there really isn't any quilting on it--but it has photos on both sides with batting between, so maybe it is. I have made four so far and am currently working on my fifth & sixth. My last one was made using Betty Cottons method, as are the ones I am working on now. I love to make my own designs for things. I make my own patterns for purses. I designed vests for my 3 dau. and, then, dau.-in-law. I designed reversible vests and matching skirts for our twin gds. That's about it. Been married 50 (is it possible?) yrs. in Nov. Live now in MO. Lived in MN for 27 yrs. when married, then in OH for 13 yrs. Born in TX. I am loving this board. I'm learning so much from it. I'm posting a few pics of my 1st, 2nd, & 3rd quilts. The 4th was just like the 2nd. Thanks for reading--didn't intend to make it so long. :?

1st quilt on queen sized bed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25627[/ATTACH]

2nd quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25628[/ATTACH]

3rd quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25629[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-25627.jpe   attachment-25628.jpe   attachment-25629.jpe