Old 05-25-2020, 10:40 AM
Iceblossom

Well I got the little top done yesterday in-between chores and happy hubby time. Took my pictures here and then stripped the bed and have the sheets in the wash.

The Daisy Kingdom bunny fabric is dated 1996 but I've only had it in my stash about 2 years, it is directional but I deliberately moved the blocks around so I mixed it up. This is pretty much exactly what I saw in the bundle of scrap yardage when I picked it up. One of the scores I give my tops is "how closely does the top meet my mental image" this gets a 10 out of 10 on that. The shiny light blue was given to me, the rest of the fabric just small bits of stash. Just the 6 pieced blocks, top is roughly 43x56 and will be bound with a narrow binding of the blue.

Edit: It is always very challenging for me to use these large scale prints. I know this isn't the first you've seen from me but it is a deliberate "trying to work with large scale" that pushed me on this. I'm much happier with the blenders and calicos in the fan blades than the cute bunnies. One of the other reasons I chose this Lemoyne star was I felt I needed some practice on those set in seams, and I did! I am better now than when I started...
Attached Thumbnails 100_5761.jpg   100_5762.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 05-25-2020 at 10:43 AM.