View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 10:44 AM
CaleyH

Thanks so much for the nice welcomes.

The sewing machine is the most difficult thing for me to figure out. I don't see that well now that I am 70 and climbing. So, seeing machines that can thread the needle for you is something that is attractive. I've read that Singer has a problem with quality. Not sure what to think. My Mom had a Singer she loved,k but of course, the machine was made in the 50's, and built like a tank. I found this on Amazon: Brother XR9550PRW, which has that threading feature, and is computerized. It seems to have fairly good features, though I am not familiar with Brother Quality and reliability.

Is there a machine that doesn't use a bobbin for the thread under the base plate, but uses a normal thread roll? I find removing and installing the little bobbins very difficult on machines I have had a chance to use. It would be nice to just insert the thread in a hole and have the machine take it in and be ready to use. I guess they haven't done something like this. Don't know.

Guess I am really just wanting something easy for my bad eyes and arthritic hands.