Old 05-29-2020, 07:17 PM
SarahDressmaker190

Originally Posted by Badger1 View Post
Miriam, yours is the only New White Designer I've seen besides mine (I actually bought it for the wife). I also bought an identical machine (minus the cam setup) with a Badge of Belvedere but it has a wonky bobbin winder. Have you found where to get parts? Both machines are JA3 units. One is a model 190, the other is a model 290. I moved the bobbin winder assembly over to the Belvedere and it fits perfect and works so I would like to find another bobbin winder assembly for the Belvedere. The New White is in perfect condition with all the cams and extra attachments and after I cleaned and lubed it from top to bottom to get all the grease and oil out, the wife did some sewing with it. Very cool. Neither machine had winder tires on them and the rheostat foot pedals could use some help (can you still find the rheostat type foot pedals?). I'll post some pics asap. I found another just like it, a Dressmaker 290 and I suppose I should make sure I can find parts so they are not just paperweights. I could use the Belvedere for parts for the other two.

Thanks
Perry
Perry, I’m so happy to see the same machine that I have! I’m having difficulty finding information about it, as is common with Japanese ZigZags. Mine is badged with Dressmaker and is also a model 190. It works wonderfully, but I can’t figure out how to do straight stitches. The knob to the left of the stitch diagram will move from 1 through 5, but I can’t get it to go to zero (the straight stitch). I’d appreciate any help! Additionally, it seems whenever I reverse my stitches, something ends up tangled and I’ll have to rethread the needle and cut out tangled thread. Is this just the nature of backstitching zigzags?
Attached Thumbnails fa296f79-d2ab-4597-8b3c-988f44a72b9e.jpeg