View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 09:52 AM
juliasb

What a great thrill it is to be so excited. I see so many wonderful suggestions already for you that to find something new to add would be a challenge. I don't think I could find one! Fabric.com is where I like to go for fabrics and superior threads is where I go for my thread. I am a basic white thread person unless it is requested otherwise, or I am working on a dark fabric or black. Superior threads are much easier to thread your sewing machine with than many other brands.
As a beginner I would eye some of the sale fabrics or clearance fabrics to learn with. You can make some beautiful quilts with some of the clearance fabrics at fabric.com and save a few pennies too.
Batting is the middle layer of your quilt and a good batting is essential. I use Warm and Natural when ever possible. I usually buy, for myself, an entire bolt but that is because of the amount of quilts I am making. you can buy by the yard or it comes pre-cut and packaged in different sizes.
I am so happy for you. New machine on the way and I am sure you will get a few pieces of fabrics quickly to work with. Be careful with your rotary cutter and sew to your heart's content. I want to see your progress! Have fun.