View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 06:04 PM
barbarakibler23

Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post
Hav4boys - -that's dramatic! I love it!

So, I thought I would share what I made yesterday - it is the opposite of 2.5 squares. I was looking to make a quilt for my daughter's friend who is getting married next month. She just graduated from Notre Dame but ND doesn't have licensed fabric. Before all the covid I went into the outlet and bought gold cotton napkins with the university seal in the middle. It's rather subtle and you can't see it in the picture, but it's cool. I then added the school colors of navy and green with the light blue being a contrast and cream with gold words to match the napkin.

It's from a book called "Sew One and You're Done" by Evelyn Sloppy. The author took what would be a complex block and enlarges it so one block makes the quilt. It is genius! The look of the finished project is complex, but it wasn't. I cut and put together the top in one day. The final project is 56 inches x 56 inches - I'm going to add a border and make it five feet square. To give you an idea of size the long rectangles are 4.5 x 24.5 inches. I think the Boom people will like this.

Now all I have to do is quilt it. I think the larger areas would be great for ruler quilting, but she has lusted over my daughters quilt at school with a minky backing so I think I will go with large meandering.

Very cool!