View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 05:59 AM
Iceblossom

IrishRose2, sometimes we have the opportunity to work with something that is very taste specific and sometimes not our particular taste -- but that shows that you are a quilter! Good going.

I got my "they didn't really need to be fussy cut squares but I did" for my medallion project and then just haven't done a single thing in about 3 days. Think it's time to get myself back into the sewing room! Need to put the sub-units together and then I still have a kazillion of those little pieces to get done.

Cattitude, the requirements that have been put in place for our farmer's market here just breaks my heart and I will not be going. Masks I expected, 6 foot spacing I expected but some of the other things not so much. Basically we are to consider this as "essential" shopping with no/minimal interactions, we are asked to come alone/not households, have a list, there is a "right" way through the vendors with one way in and one way out and we point behind our masks at what we want and the sellers place it into bags for us. It is not the experience I want.

Some of these vendors, the farmer's market is their livelihood. They have soft berry farms or whatever and crops rot when the market doesn't open on time, like when it was postponed last week (whether from social unrest or not, covid was the excuse). They don't necessarily have contracts with processors to freeze or otherwise use their crops, nor do those processors necessarily have the license to open or the staff or capacity or other issues. If left to my despair, those families would not get the income from my purchases, so my husband has a list of things to look for and hopefully help our farming neighbors while getting us food from people we know and have trusted for 10-20 years some of them.

I've been using the phrase "not the reality I want" a lot lately. Deep down, that is something I do find very appealing about quilting is mostly it is within my control and I create the realty from my scraps...