View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 09:05 AM
PiedPiper

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
I have always loved this quilt and have the pattern, fabrics and backing waiting for inspiration. Did you use a combination of the 12" and 6".................just love it!
Yes, I pretty much followed the combinations of 12" and 6" laid out for the sampler quilt in the book. But I also subbed in a number of blocks from the first book, and made up a couple of my own as well, so that it related more closely to my own farm girl experience.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
It's fabulous! Hope I can make it one day, and the first one too. What are your plans for it?
This is destined to be a couch quilt. Out, used, and loved on a daily basis!

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
That is cute! How long did it take you to make all those blocks? This second version looks fun.
I honestly don't know! I've been working on them, on and off, for many months. Taken a break here and there to work on other stuff or to buy fabric (because I couldn't resist the Lori Holt fabrics for this quilt. Her designs are so cute!) But I really started concentrating hard on it when the lockdowns began. It was a good, happy focus for me.

Thanks for all the kind words! This was probably the most fun quilt to make out of all that I've made!