View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 05:42 PM
[email protected]

Default Skipped Stitches Janome Horizon

I am having trouble with skipped stitches while free motion quilting.

My practice sandwich, the stitches are good. On the actual quilt straight(ish) lines are good. Wishbones are good. Anything curvy or circular, not so good. The stitches skip, sometimes missing several at a time, the thread breaks etc. I am not quilting to0 quickly or too slowly - stitching slowly or quickly doesn't make it any worse or better.

I have tried re-threading the machine, re-threading the bobbin, changing the thread, changing the bobbin. I have used the same thread in the bobbin and the top thread, I have tried different thread in the bobbin and the top thread. Changed the needle, changed the needle brand, changed the needle size. I have cleaned the machine, oiled the machine, changed the presser foot, changed the presser foot pressure. I washed the quilt part way through thinking that maybe the sizing in the fabric or the best press was too thick.

Anything in the navy was simple to quilt and there were no issues. The coloured fabric, Fairy Frost by Michael Miller, just a nightmare.

Does anyone have any suggestions

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-09-2020 at 05:43 PM. Reason: spelling error