View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 02:28 AM
copycat

Default Take a bow...can you hear me clapping? :)

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
Hi Quilters! This is a Double Sq Star from Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co. I added a scalloped border, my first try to make one. I know it's not perfect and not a deep scallop, but I didn't want it to look exactly like half a circle, nor just a wave. Also, I know this goes against all we have been taught or told, but I cut my binding the length of my backing yardage, not on a bias. Jenny told us to clip at our points and make it lie straight when sewing at points. She can explain it better than me. Anyway, I had already cut my binding when my friend Martha suggested the scallop edge. I told her I didn't have any material left to cut a bias binding, when she reminded us about our class with Jenny using straight edge. I do have three pleats or pinches on back when I quilted that I do I need to fix, but I'm close to finish!-lol-About time too since I made this top last year.
Way to go on completing a beautiful quilt! I enjoyed seeing your photos. Thanks! I like the way you did your scallops...as you said, not a deep scallop.