View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 06:40 AM
Trudii

Default Quilting Design Help

I'm working on a quilt top for a guest room that I thought I'd send away to be quilted (never done that before but decided to give it a try). I didn't really have a plan for how I wanted it quilted and hoped the quilter would have some sort of recommendation. Now I'm uncomfortable to ship it out because of Covid and I don't really want it to languish in a box, so I guess its me and the quilt.

While the top is still in the works (and backing on order), the pillow shams (pic below) are the same pattern and scale. It is a modified Irish chain, because I wanted more white than color. The whole cloth quilt on the bed is my usual go to, so this is a great deal of color for me.

So any recommendations of what to do with the quilting here?

I do not free motion. I have used my embroidery machine to quilt baby / toddler quilts with an all over design. I've been impressed by that process but not sure how feasible it is on a quilt this size, and I recognize it would mean rehooping a lot. I've looked at some "per block" embroidery quilting designs, but I'm not sure if that is going to be enough quilting. I could just do lines I guess.

Everyone here is so creative, I'm hoping for some opinions.