View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 03:56 PM
woody1229

Hi everybody - I have been sewing my whole life, and quilting for the last few years. I did a special sampler quilt for my oldest daughter when she went off to college, using all the 'fabrics of her life' - from all the holiday dresses, Halloween costumes, birthday party favor bags, etc. - that I had collected over the years. She helped me design each square and it was a fabulous labor of love. I made my second large quilt for daughter #2 when she went off to college, but did a coherent design. Now I'm doing a train quilt for my autistic son who is obsessed with trains. I've designed it myself and can't wait to show it to you all. I'm hand-applique-ing many many strips of railroad tracks, so it's taking me a while!

I work as a script reader in the film industry, and enjoy reading, movies and cooking. Job #1 is taking care of my severely autistic son and advocating for him in school and the community. Quilting is my creative outlet, but no one else I know does it, so I'm glad to join this group!

Mary B., Woody's mom

Annie's 'Fabrics of her life' college quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26141[/ATTACH]

Kyle's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26142[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-26141.jpe   attachment-26142.jpe