View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 07:29 AM
CaleyH

Spartenden, Yes, many of you have mentioned Superior Tread. I have them bookmarked so that I can remember things. I will check out the videos. I keep forgetting that many companies have videos on what their products are, and how to use them.

I sent $12 on one of those 3.5 inch squares with grids. I need them, but that doesn't mean sticker shock put me into a near catatonic state. The problem is with 3.5 inch squares is that all you get of the material is a 3 inch square once sewn. I'm sure it will come in handy in years to come. But for now, my whole goal is to create a lap quilt that does lay flat, and the seams actually intersect with each other.

I also need to invest in a 1/4 inch quilting foot so that I may actually be able to sew things straight. I thought the tape I put atop my sewing surface would help, but the fabric tended to wobble. And I tried very hard not to guide the fabric. I just let the feeder mechanism move it. All my hands were doing is trying to hold the fabric steady. But like many first time things, what is super easy for most people, is a trial for myself