Thread: First Quilt
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 07:39 AM
CaleyH

Default First Quilt

I tried my first block quilt. It was a total disaster with almost none of the seams intersecting. Might have gotten 10 percent to line up. Also had way fabric. In other words, the pieced together squares would not lay flat, regardless of whether I ironed it.

So I will try salvaging the blocks , and use them for some other project.

What I would like to know is if I should purchase from "Connecting Threads", one of their lap quilt kits. I've looked at them, and they seem to be very complete, and give good instructions. They also list whether the project is easy, intermediate or advanced.

Of course, I need to get one that is easy, or if they have one that is called extremely easy. Anyone ever tried one of these kits? And if so, what would your recommend for someone who basically has only hand sewn in their life.

Also, do you suggest any of the squares or rolls of pre-cut material? I'm not very good with colours. I tend to have difficulty seeing the difference in shades of the same colour, unless they difference is extreme.

Anyway, I would love to hear from thsoe who have dealt with "Connecting Threads", as that is probably going to be my source for fabric and other things they sell. Amazon, which I have used for years is just too difficult to figure out.