Thread: First Quilt
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 11:28 AM
juliasb

You may do good with a quilt kit that has all the pieces pre-cut for you. Or you may try something simple like a strip quilt. the 2 1/2" strip is IMO the most versatile strip there is. One thing you don't want to do is get in over your head on your first quilt. I did something simple like the Ohio Star. My half square triangles (HST's) were not perfect but I crowed like a rooster when I finished that lap quilt!! My points were terrible and the seams, not a one matched. It was a real learning experience. I learned from watching Quilt in a day how to make the Ohio Star. I watched and watched that episode until I got it. Then each square came along. None of them perfect. But boy oh boy was I thrilled. I made a quilt!
Don't put so much pressure on yourself this is suppose to be fun. If you want to use a 10" pre-cut there are many videos put out by MSQC and they are great and walk you through each step. I am sending you a great big clapping hand on your first efforts I know you will get your blocks right soon. We have all been where you are.