Thread: First Quilt
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 11:52 AM
CaleyH

Even though I said it wasn't worth the effort, I am taking apart all the squares of my first botched attempt at quilting.

For a very long time I had in my sewing odds and ends a small tool that had a claw on the end. Never knew what it was for. I finally figured out it was for taking apart seams, and I am using it.But my arthritis is acting just terrible today. So I resorted to the third hand, actually my right foot to assist me. Yes, I used my right foot to hold the fabric so I could get that little claw tool between the two pieces of fabric, and it worked pretty well. I just finished taking apart the long seam between the 13 square strips. Now I have to do the individual squares.

I guess you iron them after all of that, before cutting them into what I hope will be perfect blocks. A also guess I should wash them so that the fabric stabilizes. Will put it all in the washer on the setting for delicate , and then tumble dry at low setting

Maybe most of these blocks will be salvageable, and can be used for something else.