View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 02:09 PM
Barb in Louisiana

Originally Posted by selm View Post
I love your quilt! Wish I could find the pattern.
I don't have the pattern, but from the earlier comments, she used her 2 inch cut squares to make the 9 patches, so these will finish at 4.5 inches. All the other blocks have to match this size. The dark red and light background are all the HST's. You just turn them different ways to achieve the look. The Tri-Rec's ruler is used to make the blocks that look like they are curved. Outer on both sides is the dark red and the inside is the background fabric. This ruler can be used to make them. https://sunnysidequilts.com/products...ulers-8823753a The outside border appears to be the same size as all the other blocks, just cut in a long piece, 4.5 inches wide Finished.

So to recap, there are only 3 different blocks in this quilt. HST, Tri-Rec block and 9 patch.

If using her measurements you will end up with a quilt that should be approximately 58 x 67.
If you upsize all the blocks to be 6 inches and use a 6 inch border all around, your finished size will be 78 x 90. Upsizing will allow you to use Jelly rolls if you want to.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 06-12-2020 at 02:19 PM.