Thread: First Quilt
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 08:16 AM
CaleyH

bkay, No, I only hand sewed while in the military, and only when I had a minor problem with clothing or a uniform. Anything major I had to take to the on base tailor.

I purchased a Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 as my first machine. I am still learning just the basics, especially proper threading, though I think I have that in hand after a few boo-boo's.

Yes, no longer will I purchase from Amazon from a dealer I cannot even locate on the web. I discovered "Connecting Threads" there, and found what Amazon sent me to be what I think is quality. I think they are called jelly rolls; strips that are 2.5 inches wide and about 40 inches long. They were not straight cut, but have a tooth type edge. Don't know what you call such an edge.

I will Google Donna Poster Videos to see what she has. Always wanting to learn more from a good source. Thanks for the info.

: Oh my goodness, the videos from Donna are absolutely wonderful. I am just watching the first one, and am halfway through. So far I have found three mistakes I have made, and she has shown how to correct them. Wonderful teacher! She shows and tells as good as I have ever seen. I definitely will be bookmarking her videos, and watching all of them. Might actually become a fair seamstress from the whole thing. Thanks again for the information.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-13-2020 at 02:00 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps