Thread: First Quilt
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 08:42 AM
CaleyH

joe'smom, Some here on the Forum have said not to be too worried about failure on the first try or so. Unfortunately I am someone who cannot be satisfied with mediocre. Guess it is because my Marine Dad never accepted much of anything I did as good enough for him, even when I redid it several times. This just stuck with me. I try not to be the same way when teaching others though. Don't want a bunch of frustrated people, especially the children I try teaching model aeronautics.

I am not much of a book learner. I love to read, but never was good at absorbing data such as I got in school, or tried to read in books. I am much better at watching someone do something, while they explain things. After that, I practise a lot, and get as good as I can, and even learn to refine what I have learned to make it better. That's what a lot of my work bosses liked about my work ethics. I never just did the minimum, but tried to improve things.

As I said, I have loads of patience. It will take time, but I will learn, hopefully before it is my to put 10 toes up.