View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 07:30 AM
WMUTeach

My quilty friends, I have been absent for some time. After reading through the pages,, yes, all 19 of them, I decided to jump back in and return to organizing. I have kept my sewing room fairly neat, but still need to return to clear the table so I can use it better for quilting larger quilts. That is likely a 15 minute project. But what I came to grips with was the fact that I need some organization materials. I started with locating a thread holder that I can mount on the wall. That will get the box of thread off my table and out of my way and in a way I can see the colors I have and not have to root through spools and spools. Next, I ordered a wall mounting system to hang one of my quilts in my dining room. I have been in my condo home for 4.5 year and still had not made that purchase. It is due to arrive by the end of June. Whoo-Hoo just in time for my RWB quilt. I have not decorated the walls in my sewing but have begun not just envisioning but now doing something about creating a pleasing environment. Organizing? Well kind of but mostly it gives me some satisfaction in my home environment.

I have dumped the fabric I know I will not use, Goodwill. I have moved my UFO's to one place and finished four since COVID-19 and now I have a list, a written list that I renew each month so I can see progress on completing those WIP.

Stay strong organizers. It will all pay off in a day, a month or when you want to start your next quilt project.