View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 04:28 AM
cfarrinford

Wow, thank you so much for all your help, hugely appreciated.

batting/wadding- I just bought it off a roll from a fabric shop so no instructions about distance between sewing lines. I was planning on doing about every 5 inches because I think that looks nice, I didn’t realise there was a recommended distance depending on the type of wadding. The lady in the shop told me that polyester wadding was the best at being washed, I am making a quilt for my baby to sit in the garden on so am anticipating needing to wash it quite frequently. This looks like fairly dense, this wadding. Will 5 inches be ok do you reckon? What happens if you don’t sewing the lines close enough together?

spray- I will try it on a sample piece first as I have made Roman blinds in the past and had problems with the underside going a bit baggy, pinning it didn’t seem to work that well. The problems you’ve experienced with polyester has it been problems with it sticking or problems with the look of the finished quilt?

walking foot- I had never heard of these so thanks for the advice. I will try this quilt without buying one and see how I get on, I’ve looked them up and they’re quite expensive so will give it a go without and see how it goes.

Thanks again so much for taking the time to give me so much advice