View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 04:33 AM
Trudii

mhollifiel - here is one of your old posts with the information.

Originally Posted by mhollifiel View Post
Last weekend I cut a thick bacon slice off my left forefinger while rotary cutting. Fortunately my DIL is a physician and I live with them so I was in good hands. Still it took three days for the bleeding to stop when changing the dressing since it was so deep. YES, it HURTS!
Here's the really, really dumb admission I have to make. My son was in the Coast Guard until this summer and he gave me his Kevlar lined gloves to keep my hands safe while cutting fabric. The label says that they are Hatch SGK100 gloves and, now that I finally got around to googling them, they are used both in the military and law enforcement. Apparently they are capable of handling even the blades of knives in confrontations. LSS, I have been wearing them since and they are very flexible and comfortable. I like them much better than the other ones typically sold to quilters for cutting. Yep, had a set of those in the drawer, too. DUH! These Coast Guard issued gloves have a surface that really grips my rulers. I love my son and I'll be wearing his gift for cutting from now on.
Note to anyone out there with cutting gloves in the drawer: They work much better if you WEAR them! Please spare yourself some agony and learn from my mistake.