Old 06-15-2020, 09:49 AM
Kyann2023

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist View Post
No matter what I do, I cannot seem to have a pleasant and smooth sewing session! While my SE 270 D is off to Tennessee to be repaired or replaced, I am using my LS1520 Brother....
I remember what problems I had with it, now!

The upper thread goes down into the lower bobbin area and gets stuck on something....Then, I have the bobbin thread and the top thread that is going down and getting caught and coming back up, so there are 3 threads coming out of the bottom. I can cut that upper thread and it will just pull right out, sometimes. The machine will sew this way for a bit, then it will get stuck and makes a whole lotta mess! I have changed the lower bobbin thread and am now also using a different one on top. If I am sewing a smaller area and using the reverse, it is WAY WORSE! It's also worse on Zig Zag function.

Anyone know what is going on? I have been trying to work on my DD's raggedy quilt since the last of August.
I'm so frustrated!
I don't think I want another Brother....
I had the same problem! I removed the needle plate and took out the bobbin cover and discovered a little nick in it- that's what mine was snagging on. I simply smoothed it out with a nail file and put everything back in place, and it worked after that!