View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 06:57 AM
Iceblossom

We are being a bit stingier as we are down to our last bag, but typically we use the lupin several times a week in one form or another. Sometimes hubby makes a dessert/oatmeal sort of version with a little more water than the package directions and mixes in his daily nut butter and piece of dark chocolate and calls it "his frosting".

Not sure if I mentioned the "keto stuffing" in the other thread, first you make the microwave version of the lupin. While it is cooking, you chop up some celery and onions and your basic parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme and cook until the onions are translucent. If you want to add sausage/seasoned meat of whatever variety (pork, turkey), cook that up too. Probably first in the pan that you then cook the onions in. Mix up everything -- you can roast in the oven a bit with a light sprinkle of the lupin for a crust. I usually call it good enough, but if we have some nuts around (we usually do) I like a bit chopped for a little texture.

Gravy is actually a pretty good way to get a lot of mileage out of a few carbs -- the secret is to serve it over something like green beans or fish, and not over potatoes.

I think when you are first transitioning to healthier forms of eating, some of us are really missing some particular mouth feel. It gets better, but yeah, I'd still rather have noodles and egg noodles at that instead of zoodles... but zoodles aren't so bad. I have gone from being managed by metformin to put on insulin and now am largely diet controlled. I have to keep in mind I have greater issues and desires than mouth feel.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 06-16-2020 at 07:00 AM.