View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 04:32 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Connie....great use of the cloth shelf... Looks great!

Fizzle....creating a spreadsheet of your rulers is fantastic start to organizing. You are well on your way. Good luck!

Rob... So proud of you! I remember you wanting to get those piles of papers sorted and organized. I hope the new system works for you. I've been doing that for years with great success. Yah!!

I have a trunk that is a family heirloom (my great great grandfather's when he immigrated from Germany) that I have been storing our wedding memoriablia but, over the years, I've been sticking other family heirloom stuff in there like pictures and family documents, special gifts from family and greeting cards received from important people in our lives etc... It runneth over....so, I am sorting and deciding of what to do with it all. Some, I'll start to give to the next generation who value it, some I'll display. Haven't decided on a lot of it but organizing and seeing what's in there has been fun...and tearful...
Don't forget to write a little family history as you go through things...It's important to preserve our heritage...you may remember that your gggrandfather brought the trunk from Germany, but will the next generations?