Old 06-17-2020, 08:27 AM
Three Dog Night

Originally Posted by PenneB View Post
Hi All--I have a "new to me" Pfaff Quilt Expression 720. I'm told it has about 6 months use prior to me so relatively new. After exploring all the various stitches and functions I decided to try some straight stitch quilting on a baby quilt. Pieced with Art Gallery fabric, Warm and White batting and Art Gallery fabric backing. I made a new bobbin (using the Pfaff bobbin) with my King Tut 40 wt thread, inserted a new 90/14 needle and took off--only to have skipped stitches immediately within the first 3 inches of sewing! I've completely rethreaded the machine multiple times and changed the needle thinking maybe I had an imperfect one out of the package, lowered the foot pressure--all with the same results. It sews beautifully on two pieces of fabric with no batting. So it either doesn't like my quilt sandwich or this operator has alot of error! Any and all thoughts appreciated!!
You may find some help for your problem at www.sewingmastery.com. She does videos of Pfaff machines and she has the QE 720 on the site. She literally will post a video for every part of the manual starting with unpacking. I have a Performance 5.0 and refer to the videos for the Performance 5.2 as they are basically the same machine.