View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 11:01 AM
Evedib

Default Yes, make those quilts!

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
Please don't think I'm morbid, but I am a realist. I'll be 70 in 2 months, have two sons=1 married but no idea if they will have have children and the other...well no serious relationship. But in their 30s and yes they all know I quilt.

Delima...I have the fabric, have the time, found baby quilts I'd love to make. So should I make 6 baby quilts for the future? I'd make them gender neutral. I don't feel comfortable asking married son anything about family plans.

No idea how long I'll be able to sew with minor vision issues and arthriis (sp) setting in.

Just looking for other opinions.

Please make those quilts -- not long ago my granddaughter who lives in Houston received for her daughter, my Great Granddaughter who is 15 months old, from her great aunt in east TN a baby quilt that her mom (my former mother-in-law) made over a quarter of a century ago before her death and left for her future great, great grandkids! She evidently left several baby quilts for that purpose! I am 82 and she taught me to quilt. That is the most valuable thing she has received since she was born!!!