View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 08:31 AM
Sephie

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
Murphy-there are several different kinds of JT rulers, some of them cut 2 1/2" increments and others 1/2" increments, they also come in different sizes.
Yes, you are correct that the JT rulers do vary in the increments they cut depending on the ruler. In the size that the OP said (20 x 23), I've only been able to find one JT ruler of that size and it cuts in 2.5in increments. Have you seen one of that size that cuts in 0.5in increments?

As I do not own a JT ruler and only own a Stripology, I can only say that the Stripology is awesome. The thickness makes me feel confident my cutter will never slide out of the slot and it never has. The material it's made of is also pretty sturdy and stiff but I do still store it flat. It also comes with instructions (easily Googleable) on how to cut strips of a 0.25in increment easily - it has a chart for some common sizes but if you need an unusual size, the math is pretty easy and the procedure is the same. Unsure how easy it is to do that on a JT ruler slotted every 0.5in?