View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 11:15 AM
shelleysews

Default Greetings from south of Denver!

Hello from the Denver, CO area. My name is shelley and I am just rediscovering quilting after a 6 year hiatus from any sewing. True story: at 7 years old I I figured out how to make an appliqué pillow by hand stitching it all and surprised my mom with it. She promptly signed me up for 4-H sewing lessons. I’ve been sewing or dreaming of sewing ever since. I caught an obsession with quilts by the age of 15. Each quilt has a story and carries the thread histories of so many women over the ages- I love to dream about what they were going through as each quilt was made.
I’m in my 40s now and find myself between jobs. While I search for my next job I am raiding and organizing my stash, discovering the joys of jelly rolls and layer cakes fNew to me!), and Learning quilt as you go. My UFOs from before sit paitiently waiting for me to get better at machine quilting, but in the meantime I’m enjoying making short/small projects and getting up on new techniques and all of the latest great minds in quilting.
I have two big dogs, a handsome partner, bonus kids that are 12 and 8, and a pile of projects waiting that they all patiently maneuver around. Great to find you all! happy quilting!