View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
peaceandjoy

After gloating for two months that I was going to be home alone for a week, I finally got to the big weekend. Dropped DH off at the train station Saturday, took DD back to college on Sunday, and was ready to have a great week. It was the week that started with Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

I woke up in the middle of the night sicker than I have ever been. Thought it might be food poisoning. Without a lot of gross details, I'll just say I had to do laundry... At one point I actually started getting nervous about being so sick and home alone.

On the 2nd day, I was able to keep a little ginger ale and ice chips down. Day three I enjoyed jello. Day four chicken noodle soup. Day five I went back to work.

The school nurse said that in our area (upstate/western NY), it was confirmed that the norovirus was running rampant. Yeah, well, something was running, that's for sure. My sewing days, as well as the day a friend and I were to a little road trip with a nice lunch & shopping all fell by the wayside.

Hope you are feeling better soon - and that for those who haven't yet had it, I hope you don't get it!