Old 06-22-2020, 03:55 PM
Barb in Louisiana

Originally Posted by leonf
My great grandfather drove an ambulance home red light and siren to go see his wife.. that was the end of story for most of my life. As I got into genealogy I found "cousin" who knew more of the story. He stole the ambulance. From the metal hospital where he was a patient. He drove it back when his visit was over.
I had to laugh when I read this, and one of my first thoughts, was "Wonder if this was a conjugal visit?" Hope this doesn't offend anyone, especially you, Leon.

My 2nd Great Grandfather was a great blacksmith and farmer between the times that he spent in the local drugstore, which was the only place you could get liquor. Of course, back then, it was called medicine. And somehow, he managed to have 13 or 14 kids. Several of them ended up as preachers. Wonder if the father's choices influenced them? My mom told me not to tell anyone about this because she didn't want anyone to know. HaHa. Another cousin told me about it. The only one who thought it was a secret was my lovely mom.