View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 04:13 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven View Post
The cover is very similar to this one but not as elaborate. Thank you! At least I know what to call it when I am looking for it!
Please be aware there are at least 3 different bentwood cases for Singer sewing machines. As Leon mentioned, "Full size Singers and 3/4 sized one take different sized cases." Actually, there are two different case bottoms for the 3/4 machines. I can never remember off the top of my head, which is shorter. I haven't tried to switch out the tops, either. I know someone had one that the wrong machine got put in and messed up the bottom.

If you post pictures or at least get the serial numbers we can probably tell you which machines you have. The serial numbers for Singer sewing machines are located on the bed of the machine in front (closest to you as you are sewing) of the pillar. I have seen and heard of machines not matching the serial number. Sometimes it is easy to misread or transpose serial numbers, which will give different results.

Another source to help identify Singer machines can be found at https://www.sandman-collectibles.com...r-machines.htm

I gave where to find the pdf and notes about posting pictures in my previous post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)