Thread: First Quilt
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 03:17 PM
osewme

I've made face masks for kids with Congenial Heart Defects for years & I always use the Crayola Ultra-Clean Washable Markers on them for tracking my templates & marking sizes, etc. I've never had a problem with them washing out. Here's a test I did on a white piece of fabric.
The first picture is with the fabric marked with the markers. I decided to iron the bottom section before washing to see if the heat would set the colors in.
The second picture is after I washed the fabric. I had no problem with the ironed or un-ironed marks washing out. The red was a little stubborn and the last to come out but still, it washed out. I washed it by hand in a small bowl with Dawn soap.
Sorry about the third picture. It was suppose to show the Crayola Box so you would know what I was using but somehow it didn't show up in the picture. Maybe it was too large & didn't get in. I can send another picture of the box if you need for me to.

P.S. As the markers were disappearing I had to quickly cut off a little piece from the bottom left hand side of the fabric so I would know what was the front side of the fabric with the markings.....
Attached Thumbnails unwashed-washable-markers.jpg   washed-washable-markers.jpg   ultra-clean-washable-markers-crayola-.jpg  

Last edited by osewme; 06-25-2020 at 03:24 PM.