Old 06-26-2020, 06:17 AM
Singersews

Default Can I have some help idenfying a missing piece from my machine please?

I am currently repairing a Singer model 201k with a treadle table that used to belong to my Grandma. It was disassembled and stored in my Grandad's attic and in his garage for at least 20 years, so I have never seen it properly put together, which makes things interesting. Last night I tried to put it all together just to see it, and I noticed that a piece seems to be missing. I couldn't add a picture to the post so i will try to describe it. I believe there should be a large spring of some sort that attaches to and supports the black hinge thing to the right of the machine that the belt loops through. It might also attach to the top of the wheel mechanism, and I think it might be used to help raise/lower the machine. Since the missing piece goes on the back underside of the table, probably inside the box, I couldn't find any images online to see exactly what the piece is. I was hoping that if any of you have the same machine, or a very similar one, you could try and send me a picture of what you think it is that I am missing so that I know what I need to look for when I next go to see my Grandad. Thanks!
The model I have looks like this.