Old 06-26-2020, 06:49 AM
Iceblossom

Hello virtual quilters! I am in one of the round robin groups and today will start putting together my blocks for the current round. Round robins are a fun design challenge, working with other people and pushing yourself out of "what I usually do".

I think I know what I want, but I'm going to need to see it laid out first. I spent a lot of time yesterday pre-planning with my sketchbook in hand but in case it doesn't work so well I have back up plans and concepts. That is my goal for the weekend.

I'm still having a hard time getting started on my own list of projects planned for 2020, at this point I think I'm just going to scoot them all over to next year.

So if everything goes smoothly and easily with the round robin, I may have time to start working on a Bonnie Hunter Frolic UFO for another board member. She was significantly complete with all the tiny little pieces but the putting together (especially in the mystery format) started to wear... When I told my Tuesday group I was going to do the Mystery this year, one of the ladies said (because it's true) "but you don't like messing with tiny little triangles". Still don't but I can get through them. I am thinking of doing the mystery again this year, but with much safer fabric selections and following Bonnie's direction for to-the-side seaming, she clarifies many of the issues I have and sets me off to spinning things in the correct direction.

It's so funny how we are about our UFOs. We get to the point where we just can't stand them any more, and someone else thinks, hmmm.... that might be fun! I know when I find a project gone wrong at the thrift store, because I didn't spend my time making the mistakes, I don't mind so much taking time to finish them and I will do more than I would have to fix my own mistakes.