View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 04:21 PM
JeanieG

I have been working on this all day it seems.

I printed out the templates and the layout for the templates a couple of days ago. They are labeled A - G (only 7 templates in the whole 16" block. I colored in the layout with the colors I am using.

I then printed out the paper piecing layout and sheets on newsprint. I realized that I had to color the paper piecing layout also, as the numbering series does not jive with the regular piecing layout. Regular has letters A - G, Paper Piecing has A1, A2 etc. After I colored the PP layout in, I took the paper piecing newsprint sheets and put the color I am using in each box as well as the template number. I have attached a picture of a pp sheet showing this (if anyone is interested).

I then decided to try using the templates for cutting the PP pieces, instead of just chunks of fabric like I had done in the past. I had cut the templates out including the 1/4" margin, I traced around the templates, and I eyeballed another 1/4" when cutting them out. That worked well, but are a little too big, I think. I'm going to cut it down some with the next piece I do. I have attached my first piece, it has all the colors I am using except a medium brown and light pink.

The only good thing about this block is that it is the only one that is going to take us forever, all the others are 6" or 8".
Attached Thumbnails 2-rising-sun.jpg   1-rising-sun.jpg