View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 10:38 PM
traycees

Default Thanks!

Thank you all very much for your answers to my question and your encouraging welcomes!

As requested, I've attached a couple of photos of the simple baby quilt I made. Not the most exciting or best coordinating fabrics, I’d purchased the only cotton I could find at the time for mask-making and there was very little choice or availability.

But, after making a .. of masks, it was a real pleasure to do something different. I enjoyed every step of the process! I also tried a few miscellaneous practice blocks to incorporate into the backing as I didn’t have nearly enough of anything left. I made mistakes, learned from them, and still think the end result is pretty good.

Here are a few blocks of the first quilt I started so long ago, too. (It’s not the layout, as there will be hourglass blocks between and then multiple borders outside, too, some pieced.) I think I picked something a bit too ambitious for a beginner back then. I only have about 5% of the piecing done and I don’t think any of the blocks I’ve already made are the same size, but I’m ready to give it another go, deal with my long-ago mistakes and get it done!
Attached Thumbnails front-bq.jpg   back-bq.jpg   fd-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-28-2020 at 02:51 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps