View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 10:29 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
ckcowl, I'm curious about the 17 yr. old UFO you keep putting away. What sort of pattern is it?
it is The Quilt Yard - The Cotton Theory- Camp Wilderness
it was a class I signed up for - supposed to be (4) 2 hour classes at a little local shop. When we signed up and paid $50 we were given a homework sheet. Then class started the next week. I spent a lot of money on the fabrics for this project the homework was cutting everything into 1 1/2” & 3 1/2” strips- including a queen size batt. The first class we started sewing our first ( logs- top,bottom, batting strips) together using decorative stitches. I loved my fabrics and enjoyed that start. Second class we all arrived (8 of us) but the instructor didn’t. The shop owner apologized and sent us home, next week we received a call saying the instructor decided not to come back- and she had taken all the money- the shop could not reimburse us.
all of those strips have been in its box every since. A few years ago I pulled out the pattern & for whatever reason just couldn’t wrap my head around it. I’m sure part of it is just the experience. I haven’t signed up for a class since. I still love the fabrics and remind myself I invested $300 on this project. Maybe I will just decide one day that I’m going to figure it out and make it.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-30-2020 at 03:08 AM. Reason: fix quote formatting