View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 01:03 PM
sewingpup

can you describe in more detail what you are experiencing? When you say the "tension is off" and " I can easily pull out the stitches."....what does it look like? Is the top thread just laying on the top of the fabric with the bottom thread looping over it so you can see both the bobbin thread and the needle thread or is the top thread being pulled down to the bottom and the bobbin thread just laying on the bottom of the project? or are both the top thread and the bobbin thread just forming loosely on the top and the bottom of the fabric so when you take the piece off and tug on the seam it easily separates? if the bobbin thread comes to the top, it is either that the bobbin is too loose...this could be indicate that tension screw on the bobbin needs to be tightened slightly or that there is a piece of lint stuck under the bobbin spring. If it is the top thread that goes to the bottom , it could mean the top tension needs tightening, the thread is not seated properly in the tension disc or there is lint stuck in there, or you have not threaded it properly. Last time I had tension problems on my Viking, I really need to deep clean the bobbin area. If all this fails...maybe a trip to the tech is what is needed.