Old 06-30-2020, 07:37 AM
KalamaQuilts

Default Warm Windows, What I did on my winter vacation

Remember those essays we had to write at the beginning of the school year? This stay-at-home reminds me of those essays... this is what I did, started in November, finished and bound this June, going on the bed next week. (this is a double sided quilt)
The One Block Wonder side I made in 2008, and it languished in the closet as too small. I'm very happy with it now with the addition of the strip borders to bring it up to size. "I'm Free" it shouts to me!

The Warm Windows side began with a kit (my very first kit experience) called Mastering Miniatures https://www.yourquiltingstash.com/sh...-x38505953.htm
I used the block patterns (6" on point) and replaced the blue pattern spacer blocks with the little 3" house blocks I'd made over the years. I call it Warm Windows because the very very last of my own yellow hand dyes from around 2000 went into the house windows, and they just seem to glow out at me. 106 X 98. So that's what I did with my Winter Stay In I'm now on the lookout for another kit! It was fun to not work from stash for the first time in 20 years.
Attached Thumbnails warm-windows-june-2020-98x106.jpg   warm-windows-june-2020.jpg   hydranga-one-block-wonder.jpg