View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 10:46 AM
toogie

Default July 4th-Labor Day long runner

Hello Quilters! I found a Bargello Bed runner pattern, but still had to add 2 more fabrics and cut at 3 inch instead of 2 1/2 inch. I needed to make it long enough, for my 110 inch table. Before I sewed the two halves together I played with it on my bed, just to see how it would look, if I were to later make a bed quilt, using this pattern guide.
My runner isn't quilted yet and I'm undecided to really quilt it with batting or just back it. It only goes a few inches over the ends of my table. I know with quilting & washing it will shrink some. I am wondering if it would look bad to add a 6 inch border of one of the fabrics on both ends, as I really don't like where it stops. It's about 120 inches now and I really need to take out one row at the center. I forgot the graph showed that and I made both halves the same, as you can see in the close up of center. I need to take out the row with the white stripe across to other white stripe. I also thought if I add fabric to ends and make it into a '10 minute' runner, it would be covered at the pointy ends with the back fabric. That may solve my problem with the length. Anyway here it is, as is, pretty b-u-s-y!
Attached Thumbnails bargello-runner.jpg   bargello-runner-close-up.jpg   2-runner-halves-side-side.jpg   2-runner-halves-side-side-pt-up2.jpg