View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 11:42 AM
Peckish

Originally Posted by Sharon5012 View Post
There is a dramatic difference in the cleanliness and staffing and friendliness between the HL and JA in my area.
I think this is true of a lot of stores, regardless of brand or location. Someone upthread had said they disliked the one Craft Warehouse they had gone to. There are two CW stores in my town - one is older, smaller, darker, and incredibly cluttered. When they bring in new stock, it is almost always stacked in the store itself and not in a storage area in the back, because they don't have that kind of space. They do their best to make the boxes part of the display, but visually it is very ugly. The employees always seem harried and overworked. In short, it's not a pleasant place to shop. The other CW store is bigger, brighter, newer. The aisles are wider, the staff seem much more relaxed and friendly. It kind of makes you wonder how much effect all that clutter has on the employees at the first store! I can say the same thing about the 2 Joann's stores in my town - one is newer, brighter, cleaner, the other one is older, smaller, more crowded.