View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 05:13 AM
bkay

I don't know much, but will share what I have heard. Others will probably chime in after the holiday.

Minnesota is the name that Sears used on their machines. The machines were made by other companies. I don't know enough to tell you who made your machine. A photo would probably help others identify the maker.

Quote from Janey on photos:
"We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button."

Once you identify the maker, you can look for both a Minnesota and "Other Brand Name" machine, which will widen your chances of finding one.

You're most likely to find the cabinet and irons at an estate sale, Craigslist, Offerup, Facebook Marketplace or some similar local venue. The irons are heavy and cost a lot to ship and they are cast iron, which are likely to get broken when shipped because they get dropped.

If you don't get a response here in a couple of days, try VSS. The collectors of really old machines seem to post there more often. You will still need to post a photo, so they can identify the original manufacturer.
bkay

Last edited by bkay; 07-05-2020 at 05:17 AM. Reason: spelling