Thread: Pantos?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 09:10 AM
Iceblossom

I haven't had much luck pouncing* my paper made templates, but I quilt directly through parchment paper (I buy at the dollar store, $1 for 1 x 25 feet), after tracing the design from a commercial panto. I mostly work with very scrappy projects, so no one marker works on all, plus I have vision issues. I've done this on both long arms and domestic machines.

There are some things you need to be aware of -- like white thread can pick up excess graphite from pencil lead, or otherwise interact with whatever you draw with.

Yes, it is time consuming to draw out the designs and then to remove the paper afterwards -- and that creates quite a bit of fluffy bits of snow paper that manage to get all over the place -- but it allows me to get the results I want that I can't otherwise get.

When you needle punch through the design it helps the ripping off and takes out the graphite issues, but I find borders/rows are usually too long and stiff for me to sew-through but it works really well for smaller units/blocks.

*I love the pounce pad with the templates designed for them, and I still like them on general templates. I have white, pink and blue powders but mostly use white and blue. I don't have one of the pencils yet but am going to get one next time I'm doing something on a dark background to check it out.